This week we're featuring our Fresh Take Spinach! Come get a bunch of this versatile and healthy green at the farmer's market!
There's more than one way to be the life of the party! When you bring this warm, fresh spianch artichoke dip you can pretty much guarantee your popularity, at least until it's gone. We can think of some less healthy snacks, but it would be hard to call this dish "low-fat" so make sure to share!
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 (14 oz) cans artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pita Chips for dipping
- 1/4 tbsp butter (to prevent sticking)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish (to prevent sticking), set aside
- Let the spinach cool, then squeeze out the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, garlic and lemon zest.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts, a cup of the parmesan, sour cream, mayonnaise and cayenne pepper.
- Mix that stuff. Get funky.
- Place into the buttered casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- The last 5 minutes add the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan on top and maybe another dash of cayenne for color.
- Serve hot, or warm along with pita chips.