Another Beet recipe? Trust me, you'll love it!
This is a fun time at the market where we have all of the usual winter root vegetables, but we also have some greens starting to come out too! It's a good weekend for a fancy salad. Feel free to add some chopped carrot, radish or even some sliced apple if you have it!
- 3 farm fresh beets, trimmed of stalks and leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- 1 tablespoon red onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups farm fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled Washington County goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Partially boil the beets and blanch before peeling
- Wrap the peeled beets in foil packets with a sprinkle of olive oil and roast in the oven until tender, about 1 hour. Open the foil packets and let cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, dice up those beets.
- Then to make the dressing: In a medium bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, honey, red onions and Dijon and whisk together. Add the beets and spinach to the dressing and toss to coat. Top with the goat cheese and walnuts.