As things start sprouting here at the farm this week we're featuring our Spring Mix with carefully selected tender baby lettuces and greens, fleshly hand-picked when the tiny leaves are perfect and whole.
We think that our Spring Mix is delicious all by itself, but today we're taking it to a different place with the help of some Cranberries, Green Apple, Walnuts and Washington County Goat Cheese.
The dressing is a New Orleans style Hot Pepper Vinaigrette to give all that sweet stuff some spicy kick! However, if you are light of heart, the spiciness is totally optional! A simple balsamic and olive oil would be a fine substitute.
Hot Pepper Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red pepper jelly
- 1 small shallot (1-2 tablespoons), minced
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk well.
Cranberry, Walnut, Apple & Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 bag of Fresh Take Farm Spring Mix
- 1/2 a Granny Smith Apple, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 oz Washington County Goat Cheese, rolled into cute little balls
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss.